It turned out to be not quite that fast -- two weeks of fairly steady work. (Admittedly interrupted by a new Myst: Uru game.) But the adaptation was straightforward.
(Click on a row for a larger view.)
There is more variation than in the standard Aquarius deck: some panels have multiple versions. (Note that the air panels are all different.) I did two of each large panel, so that the ten ace-cards are all distinct. However, I didn't do multiples of all the rest. (Note that the two smallest earth panels are identical.) This was more or less laziness. There are four of each half-panel in a full deck, and eight of each quarter-panel, and I didn't want to do that many.
You can see more cards from the deck on this page.
I tried to keep the Oriental style, with wood-joinery borders and paper-like backgrounds on the goal and action cards. The goal patterns were inspired by Japanese asymmetrical shelf designs.
Here is a part of a game layout, which gives a feel for how the elements hang together on the board. The air and space are a little too similar, visually. (Despite the white detailing on space. Perhaps I should darken the backgrounds.) Other than that, I'm very happy with the deck.
I have not created an physical deck with this art. I might print one out for my own amusement, but that would be all. This project has been solely to satisfy an artistic itch.
More Aquarius card images
The Tarot Art Tool Project
The Martian Landscape Art Project
Zarfhome (map) (down)