So Far is copyright 1996 by Andrew Plotkin. It may be copied, distributed, and played freely.
This is a shortish-to-medium-sized game. More than a short story, less than a full-length novel. Its rating is "cruel." It is possible to make mistakes which will prevent you from winning. Sometimes common sense will serve to avoid such mistakes; sometimes insight is necessary; sometimes neither will help. Save often, and keep your old saved games.
This game was created using the Inform adventure development system, which was created by Graham Nelson.
This game is free. But if you feel like sending me money, I won't refuse. If you feel like sending me comments or bug reports, I'll be ecstatic.
- Beta testing: Michael "The Inescapable" Kinyon, C. E. Forman, Neil Demause, Jools Arnold, Magnus Olsson, Gareth Rees.
- Omega testing: Kai Hesse, Lucian Smith, Jon Conrad, Mike Phillips, Matthew MacKenzie, Paul C. Trauth, David Auerbach, Michael Haralambous, Stephen Granade, Dylan Thurston, Dan Shiovitz, Admiral Jota, Mikko Vuorinen, Dylan O'Donnell, Robert Rendell, Joe Mason, Marnix Klooster, Avrom Faderman.
- Extra ideas: My brain. (Honest, it comes up with stuff all on its own. Sometimes it doesn't tell me the reasons until days later. Then I scream.)
- Dinners of some relevance: Nikki, Jen, Aleecia, Jody.
- Surreal confidence: Tom.
- DJ'ing folk music on the radio for five hours every Saturday night, thus providing me with prime working atmosphere: Mary Cliff.
- Playing incredibly funny folk music, both on the radio and live: The Foremen.
This game is dedicated. (For real.)